Iowa Real Estate Investors Association &
Iowa Landlord Association
Memberships, Event Calendar, Forms, Education Classes, and Vendor Partner info are maintained here. Blog Articles, Archives and much more info is at www.IowaLandlord.org (now, no login required!) Effective August 1, 2015 when you join one group you can attend either group's meetings, as a member!
(Excludes "Online Only - At-Large" or "Education & Call-to-Action Only" memberships)
For meeting locations please check our Calendar!
This is THE place to learn real estate investing. Here's what members are saying about our associations!
- Keep going! You're doing great!!! - Dave Carlson, Des Moines, 25-year member
- Access to Credit Reports, that's the secret. Of all the things I have done, access to Credit Reports has been the most important. I have never had a problem with people with good credit. - 20-year member, Paul Woodard
- I love the way CIC works for background checks. We manage over 100 units and it's so easy to use -- we get a response in seconds which helps us to make better decisions on tenants. - Sharon Garneau, Des Moines
- As an investor I have found the meetings to be educational, the contacts valuable, and the lease agreement very useful. You and your staff do an awesome job. More than 50% of the members say they shop and/or donate to the Habitat for Humanity Restore on a regular basis. We appreciate IaREIA-ILA members! - Robert Walsh, Des Moines
- I've been a member of the Iowa Landlord Association for +/- 25 years. Let me just say this, "Whoever lined up Sue Ann Donovan, Mary Neuman, and the NID inspectors for yesterday mornings sessions (Fall Conference, 2013) ... that was one of the best sessions I've attended in all 25 years. They were fantastic". Pat Knueven, Urbandale 20-year member
- "About 12 years ago, I liquidated by investments in stock, then started investing in real estate and I've never looked back. I have a background in legal investigations, and I've been very impressed with the high caliber of many of the speakers". Pam Stearns, Des Moines
- "I've been in this real estate rentals game for 27 years. You can always learn something new. I feel the professionalism and the networking are really good and we're moving in the right direction. The association is a really valuable resource for Landlords". Char Fritzel, Des Moines
- "I had no clue of how to be a landlord -- the in's and outs of the regulations - and I wanted to be a good steward of our money. I thought the Iowa Landlord Association would be great as a place to learn. It's been a great help in every area. The resources seem unlimited. Iowa Landlord Association is just great". Sherri Kubly, Edgewood
- "I wanted to learn as much as I could about the laws and the legals requirements, and I also wanted to learn from others -- what their success stories and also the issues they have encountered, as I certainly didn't want to repeat those". Rex McClaflin, Clive
And here is an unsolicited testimonial regarding our association (from a Nationally Recognized Speaker/Trainer - Mike Butler), about IaREIA-ILA and our Executive Director. Our educational efforts are significantly different from the "High-Hype" or "Real Estate University" programs we hear of in the news, so we are very grateful that Mike recognizes our effort!
- FREE Professional Real Estate Website for all Members
- Individual Memberships -- This is a State Level organization. When you join from anywhere in the state, you're welcome to come to Des Moines meetings but we encourage you to either attend or create a local group meeting.
- Beginner & Seasoned Training Classes through multiple subgroups
- Our Vendor Partners & National Affiliate Memberships help you grow your business, and some help our association offer best-in-class services!
- We're here to Help You Reach Your Personal RE Investing Goals
- Active, State Level Advocacy through Lobbying
- Unified Calendar for all meetings and events
- Education leading to the Nationally Recognized "PHP" Designation (Professional Housing Provider developed by NREIA) & IaCPHP (Iowa Certified Housing Professional) Credential through IaREIA School of Real Estate Classes
- We are an Owner-Centric organization, providing both Property Management and Entrepreneurial training
- Significant benefits for members by being a Chapter of National REIA
- Group Leaders receive Advanced Training from NREIA leadership training and bring benefits home to Iowa
- Technical IT training, support and hosting services for multi-user Quickbooks for Property Management, both single and multi-user
- Supportive Role for Local Municipal Issues
- We often host Powerful, Nationally Recognized Speakers who offer advanced training programs
- Private Money and Hard Money Lenders for your Rehab Project
- Rehab'ers can find Rehab Projects from Wholesalers at our Meetings
- Meet Professionals who understand Rentals Investing, Creative Finance, and the Entrepreneurial Investing businesses -- Rehab, Wholesaling, Lending, Tax Certificates and Lien Investing:
- CPA's & Accountants
- Mortgage Brokers
- Hard Money Lenders
- Private Lenders
- Title Companies
- Building Contractors of all types
- Service companies who understand investors
- and many more...
- Find and Sell Investment Properties
- Members can receive Serious Discounts and/or Rebates from Vendors
- Home Depot (2% Rebate Program)
- Home Depot Appliance Program Courtesy National REIA
- Behr, Zinser, and Glidden offer outstanding discounts on Paint!
- Contemporary Information Corporation (CIC) for Tenant Screening
- Office Depot/Max SPC Program -- for over 1,500 items at significant discounts.
- Real Protect Insurance program through Norton Insurance
- Avis and Budget Car Rental
- And more!